Every person in the world looks to improve the quality of life to the maximum. Sometimes it’s an easy thing to do, and sometimes not so much. Moving to New York would help a loTo achieving the level where you can say you can fully enjoy whatever you might like! It’s a city that never sleeps, a city that gathers the most diversified cultures worldwide, and the city that offers you a chance to make enough money to live every day like it’s the last day of your life! Before you move to New York, there are certain things you should do to properly prepare. If you don’t you might find NYC to be a very stressing and hostile environment. Hence, let’s help you with a few tips on how to prepare and why you should do certain things we suggest you should. Continue reading “Moving to New York”
So you are moving to New York City? This is a great news, congrats! Maybe this was an easy decision for you. But, maybe it was hard for you to decide and it wasn’t just a simple step to take. You probably have been thinking for a long time about it and had a lot of factors to consider. Especially if you are moving from a smaller town or another state. If you have a limited budget, like almost all of us, you need to find the right way to move to NYC. And you need to know the way how to stay on a budget. This definitely is not an easy task but with the right moving company NYC, you won’t encounter any trouble with this. Brooklyn Movers – Green City Movers will take care of your move and make sure you have an affordable NYC move. Continue reading “How to make an affordable NYC move?”
Affordability and reliability are two of the main facets of an effective relocation process. If you guessed that they’re also two of the major core principles good moving companies are built on, then you’re absolutely right! Finding a moving company that you can afford is of obvious importance, as you surely don’t want to find yourself deep in debt as a result of your move. Hiring a reliable company in Queens NY is equally as important, if not more. When you hire movers, you’re ultimately handing them over the entire contents of your home. When you do, you want to make sure your movers will handle your belongings as if they were their own. A moving company that is both affordable and reliable is the ultimate combination you need to look for when searching for professional Queens movers. Queens is a very diverse borough in New York City, and it hosts its fair share of diverse moving companies. When moving your home or office, you want to make sure to find affordable and reliable moving services in Queens NY. Affordability shouldn’t equal low quality and reliability means you should be able to trust your movers to have your best interest in mind. Keep in mind that you don’t have to sacrifice one to get the other. There are several Queens movers that are equally affordable and reliable. Continue reading below and learn how to find affordable and reliable moving services in Queens NY.
Affordable and reliable moving services in Queens NY
- Begin your search ASAP
As you can imagine, full-service Queens moving companies with a reputation for having cost effective rates and quality services will be in great demand all year long. We often speak of the moving season as being the busiest time of the year for movers, and how you should lock in your company in advance if moving during this time. Well, the same can be said of moving companies that offer clients, unrivaled services and rates. If you wish to find affordable and reliable moving services in Queens, you should do it with a sense of urgency. Act quickly, and start looking as soon as you learn you’re moving. Time is of the essence and you shouldn’t waste it, especially if you’re operating on a not so flexible schedule.
- Reliable Queens movers
Your search for affordable and reliable moving services in Queens NY should always begin with making sure the movers are reliable. While affordability is important, ultimately your movers’ credibility should be the deciding factor for hiring them, because cheaper doesn’t always mean better. You want to first and foremost make sure that they are fully licensed and insured. You can do this by acquiring their DOT license number and referring to FMSCA for confirmation. If their license is non-existent or expired, you are highly advised to walk away. Extremely low rates may be too tempting to pass up, but keep in mind, if something was to go wrong with your move, you won’t be able to do much about it. After all, holding a company responsible, that technically doesn’t exist, will be close to impossible. Movers that offer quality services will also hold several credentials and memberships that correlate with their good reputation, such as the AMSA membership.
- In-home moving estimates
While many Queens movers promise their services to be the best and the cheapest, you will need to find out for yourself to know for sure. Depending on the size of your move, getting an in-home queens moving estimate will allow you to get a realistic idea of what your moving costs will be. When you schedule an estimate to be performed in your home, you allow for an estimator to come and physically assess all of your belongings, and in return you get a more realistic quote. Schedule several estimates from various companies for comparison.
- Affordable Queens movers
Now that you have several estimates from your top movers, it’s time to compare their rates, and choose the most cost-effective option. It goes without saying that you will need to look out for low-ball estimates! A mover that offers significantly lower rates than their competitors may be hiding something, like hidden fees! So, proceed with caution. When performing a rate comparison, don’t just look at the overall price, but the services included in the rate as well. The most affordable option may be the least practical one. If you have any questions, it’s always better to ask. For example, don’t assume that additional services, such as disassembly are included in the rate.
Despite popular belief, the act of unpacking belongings after moving in New York City is very much a big part of moving, as the set of activities that come before it. Although, unpacking is a straightforward process of opening boxes and unwrapping contents to be put in their respective place, the way you do it can either increase or decrease the overall time and effort required. You can structure this process in such a way that ensures it is smooth, easy, and over before you know it. So if you’re moving in New York City? Unpacking tips revealed below.
Moving in New York City? Unpacking tips revealed
- Ideally, you were able to clean your new place before the actual move in day. In the case that you weren’t able to clean before hand, that should be the first thing you do upon arrival. You won’t want to place your belongings directly on surfaces that were not personally cleaned by you. Even if it’s a newly built home, you will want to dust off the place at the very least. You will also want to dust off your furniture as it comes off the truck and into your new home. Even if you done this prior to packing, you’ll be surprised how much dirt and dust can accumulate throughout the entire process of moving.
Pro Tip ⇒⇒⇒ How to properly clean your home when moving
- If you designated each room by creating a floor plan when moving in New York City, then you will have no problem navigating and unpacking each room. If you moved into your new place and have yet to assign the rooms, the process of unpacking will be more challenging.
- Assuming you had the movers place all of your belongings in their respective place, you can now begin the unpacking process one room at a time. If you labeled your boxes properly, as per our packing mistakes to avoid tips, you will now get to reap the rewards of a minor but very useful packing tool. Labeled boxes also allowed your movers to easily navigate your belongings to their correct place. There is nothing worse than having to look around for items because they are not where they should be.
- You should begin the unpacking process with your box of essentials. All of the necessities that you have packed to have readily available upon arrival should be the first items to grace the surfaces of your new home. Assuming you have packed fresh linens in your box of essentials, you should then set up your bed or a temporary area for rest. Moving is a long tiresome process, and having a place to crash at the end of it all will feel like a big reward.
Before you can properly unpack each room, you will have to reassemble any furniture that had to be taken apart for the move. The tools needed for this should have been packed in your box of essentials, making this process that much easier.
- Since your kitchen is less likely to have furniture that requires to be put together first, you should start there. Hook up as many appliances as possible, big and small. If you have the energy and enthusiasm, organize your kitchen as you unpack. Otherwise, just hook up all major appliances and unpack any pots and pans that will come in handy the first few days. Be sure to also unpack smaller appliances that you use regularly, such as the coffee machine and toaster. Whether you completed the kitchen in its entirety or decided to hold off, the bedrooms should be next on the list to unpack.
- If you have kids that are age appropriate, you can put them in charge of unpacking their own rooms, considering all of the furniture assembly and placement is complete.
Pro Tip ⇒⇒⇒ Moving with children in New York City?
Unpack your clothes according to the room into closets and dressers. Be sure to open every box in each room instead of just pushing certain boxes in the corner or closet. You may have to reorganize as you go, but at least you will know nothing is missing or broken.
- Once you’re done with the rooms, you can move onto the bathrooms. Your box of essentials should have contained certain toiletries and medication that should have been unpacked by now. You can now begin to organize each bathroom by hanging shower curtains, towels, etc.
- Once the majority of your rooms are unpacked and organized, you can begin to set up your electronics. As tempting as it may be, you don’t want to start by unpacking your TVs until all of the furniture is in its place, and functional.
- You can save rooms such as the garage and attic for last. Since most of the items that go there are not essential, you can take your time setting them up.
- Designate an area for all of the empty boxes that will quickly begin to pile up. Take them apart to their flat state so they don’t take up too much space. You can recycle, repurpose, or attempt to sell your moving boxes on a classifieds site like Craigslist.
- Once you’re fully unpacked, you can begin to make your new place in NYC feel like home. As long as each room is functional, this process can take as long or as little as you like.
It does not matter where you do it, as long as you exercise, whether at the gym or at home, you are taking care of your health. Regular exercise not only allows us to lose and maintain a healthy weight, but it also helps to prevent a wide range of health problems. Having a home gym is great for people who may not have the time to always go to the gym or just simply enjoy working out in the privacy of their own home. Although, a home gym is amongst many other things convenient, it is not as convenient when it’s time to pack and move your gym equipment. These machines are heavy and bulky to say the least, and can be tough to handle. If you’re moving home and preparing to pack and move your gym equipment, then you’re in the right place. To help you get started, we have prepared tips on how to pack and move your gym equipment.
How to pack and move your gym equipment
Pro Tip ⇒⇒⇒ Take photos of equipment from various angles prior to disassembly. Keep screws, and other small parts together in a zip lock bag and secure it to the machine it belongs to. Test each machine after reassembly to make sure it is working properly.
One of the most popular exercise machines, and certainly one of the most to be likely found in a home gym is a treadmill. Very easy to use and produce great results. When it comes to moving this bulky machine that weighs a few hundred pounds, careful planning and extra help is required. Most treadmills fold, in which case you’re in luck because most of the work is done for you. On the other hand, if your treadmill doesn’t fold, disassembly is required. For best results refer to the owner’s manual. Otherwise follow these general steps to safely prepare your treadmill for relocation.
- Make sure the treadmills incline is set to zero.
- Remove the safety key and store in safe place.
- Unplug the treadmill from outlet.
- Fold the walking deck up toward the console, locking it into place.
- Depending on your treadmill, you will have to either insert the locking pin or tighten the knob to secure it.
- Wrap the treadmill with moving blankets and secure in place with moving tape.
- Elliptical machine
When it comes to relocating an elliptical machine, its unique shape can make it somewhat tricky to move from point A to point B. You can move it as is, but disassembly is recommended.
- Take it apart into 4 different parts: the handlebars, pedals, base and main console.
- Wrap each part in a moving blanket and secure with moving tape.
- Stationary Bike
Although it takes multiple people to relocate a stationary bike safely and efficiently, it is still one of the easiest home gym equipment to move.
- For powered bikes, unplug the cord from outlet and secure to the bike.
- Wrap the bike in moving blanket and secure with moving tape.
- Weightlifting Machine
Weightlifting machines, due to their odd shape and weight can be challenging to move from point A to point B. At the least, partial disassembly is required. For best results follow the user’s manual to easily disassemble and reassemble the machine.
- Remove all weights and wrap in moving blankets secured by moving tape.
- Remove or secure any moving parts.
- Place all hardware in a box, carefully marking the parts they belong to.
- Finally, wrap the machine in moving blanket secured by tape for transportation.
- Exercise bench
- Simply wrap the exercise bench in a moving blanket and secure it with moving tape.
- If the bench has any moving parts, secure them in place prior to being wrapped in blanket.
- Dumbbells, barbells and weight plates
Due to their wide range of size and shape, there is a variety in ways that you can move free weights. Never over pack a box with even the lightest weights, as this will compromise the box, potentially causing it to break or make it too heavy to handle safely and properly.
- Smaller, lighter weights can be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in moving box.
- Heavier, bulkier ones can be wrapped in moving blanket and secured with tape.