Consider Movers That Are Licensed
- The process of moving your home or business can come at a great price if the movers you’re dealing with are not suitable for the job. There are many unqualified moving companies Brooklyn that at first glance may seem like the real deal. Don’t fall prey to these scam artists. The livelihood of your belongings and sanity, greatly depend on it. When shopping around for local moving companies, it is imperative that you only consider movers that are licensed.
- And if you know what to do, it should take you no more than a few minutes to do this research. If you’re not sure where to begin, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will break down the top reasons why you should always hire licensed Brooklyn movers and how you should go about doing so. It is an easy and straightforward process, and should undoubtedly be at the top of your Brooklyn moving checklist.
Benefits of hiring licensed Brooklyn movers
- When a reliable moving company is in charge of your move, you can rest assured that they will do everything in their power to make sure your move is stress free, from beginning to end.
- Licensed movers are legally obligated to conduct an honest and professional business, otherwise they may face prosecution, and what business owner wants that? The answer is none. The success of their business strongly depends on their ability to abide by a specific set of rules and to successfully meet customer demand. Licensed Brooklyn movers want to help you, not deceive you!
- Licensed movers know that any accidents they have, no matter how small, will be reported and documented. It’s safe to say that licensed movers are far more likely to take the necessary steps. To properly train their staff to minimize moving related accidents and injuries. As a result you will enjoy a safe and comfortable environment throughout the duration of your move.
Your belongings are properly protected
- Whether moving down the block or cross-country, you’ll want to make sure your belongings are properly protected. A licensed moving company will have several options of insurance for you to choose from. Speak to your movers about the protection you will be receiving, and if they have options for additional insurance if required.
Moving in NYC? Make sure you take precautionary steps to avoid moving scams in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Staten Island.
Hire Licensed Brooklyn Movers
When you hire licensed Brooklyn movers, you can rest assured that they will do everything in their power to make sure your move is stress free, from beginning to end.
In the age of technology, the fastest and easiest way to check if a particular moving company is licensed is to start your research online. Licensed movers will always have their license numbers easily visible on their official website. Chances are that is how you came across them in the first place, via their website. These numbers are usually located somewhere on the homepage, mostly on the sidebar or the footer of the page.
Once you have their license number (DOT number), refer to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA.dot.gov) and enter the number to check if the company is operating under a valid license. You will also be able to check if the company has any complaints or accidents reported against them.
Keep in mind that not all licensed movers are good movers. Although licensed companies are a good place to start your search with, you will need to consider other just as important factors.
Reading reviews and following up with references
Are two of the ways you can learn what to expect on moving day. Prior clients, satisfied or not, share their experience and provide first-hand knowledge. This information can help you make some very important decisions pertaining to your move. It is quite normal for moving companies to have several negative reviews, but an excessive amount should raise a red flag.
***While the steps mentioned above are very important when you’re looking hire licensed movers, make sure you know all of the moving do’s and don’ts to better prepare for your upcoming relocation.