Call 718-576-3736 text or fill out Free Moving Quote
Find Professional Movers In Queens
- Whether you lived in Queens your entire life and know your way around or moving out of town and have no clue, professional movers will make your transition that much easier! You may say, “I moved around all my life, I know what to expect.” In any case, knowing how to properly pack your valuables and safely load them onto the truck is only half the battle.
- Are you Moving to Queens and need professional movers or still not sure if you do? Continue reading below to learn the perks of having professional movers assist you on your upcoming move.
- Hiring full-service professional movers gives you the freedom of choosing the services you require most. You are not obligated to pay for any services you do not want.
Make A Plan Before Hiring A Movers
- You can have the movers pack everything up for you or skip the full packing services and just have the pros take care of some specific items, such as antique furniture pieces or your upright piano. Keep anything you don’t want packed, separately.
- Please be advised, when you pack the contents of your home yourself, your items won’t be insured and the movers will not be liable if something was to get damaged.
- Some of your household furniture may require disassembly before they can leave your old place and reassembly at your new home. Desks, beds, cabinets, and items such as exercise equipment can be rather difficult to take apart and put back together. Particle furniture can be especially tricky.
- Professional movers have the right tools, knowledge, and insurance to take care of these important matters for you. Saving you a lot of time and unnecessary headache.
- Professional movers tackle extreme and difficult circumstances every day. They are accustomed to safely navigate through steep, narrow stairs, cramped elevators, and tiny halls all while handling your heavy furniture. In most circumstances, an untrained individual would be faced with a rather tough time making it through these obstacles, safely and efficiently.
Stay In Touch With Movers For The Entire Move
- Your foreman on site will be able to maintain control and if obstacles do arise, he is trained to take an executive decision that will adequately address the situation at hand. He will successfully set and manage your expectations throughout the entire move. Keeping your mind at peace.
- Professional movers are trained to properly handle and drive a large moving truck. Some streets are narrow and require extreme care and tactic to safely drive through. They are also equipped with commercial grade GPS, putting them in the know of the best routes to take when taking your belongings from point A to point B.
Moving companies are equipped with various forms of insurance options you can choose from to protect your belongings throughout the move. The two options available to you are:
- Limited Liability insurance option is of no additional cost to you but you must agree to it on the bill of lading. This option provides only minimal protection in the case something is lost or damaged. Movers are liable for no more than 60 cents per pound, per article. If a 40 lb. piece of antique furniture valued at $3,000 was lost or damaged, the movers would only be liable for no more than $24 (40 lbs. x 60 cents).
- Full-Value Replacement Protection insurance option will be available to you at additional costs. Your items will be transported at the movers’ Full Value Protection level of liability. This means if something is either lost or damaged while in their custody, your movers become liable. They will have the option to repair the item to the same condition, pay for the cost of repairs, replace the article with one of the same kind and quality, or pay you for the cost of replacement. The movers are also permitted to limit their liability for loss or damage of any item whose value exceeds $100 per lb. Costs vary depending on the moving company NYC, speak to your movers to learn more.