Call 212-470-2729 or fill out Free Moving Quote
New York City is comprised of five unique boroughs
- Each with its own flavor. Manhattan on the other hand seems to be the center of all things happening, different than the rest, and is most often referred to as “the city”. The lifestyle in the city is like no other borough, and can be challenging for those not used to the fast pace.
Moving To Manhattan
- Also you should keep in mind that relocating to Manhattan won’t be like any average move. The city’s real estate has rules and regulations in place that you must abide by. Since you will be dealing with a one of kind move, you will require assistance. If you are moving in Manhattan and find yourself wondering how and where to find the best movers near me in Manhattan, continue reading below.
- First things first. Performing and successfully completing a Manhattan move can be quite difficult. Due to the many obstacles that you may be faced with just getting from point A to point B, hiring a moving company that specializes in relocating in Manhattan is crucial.
- Trying to navigate through the city with a large moving truck is challenging enough without having to worry about everything else that comes with moving in Manhattan. They are familiar and comfortable with the high volume of people and cars on the streets. They know street regulations and the best routes. All of which can actually save you money on your move. Since a lot of residential buildings in Manhattan are walk up and do not have an elevator, you will need an experienced moving crew that can safely navigate the narrow halls and steep stairs, all while maneuvering very heavy furniture.
While accidents do happen
- Even with the most experienced crew, hiring movers that mostly move residential homes in Long Island, NY may not be your best option. You want movers who move in Manhattan all the time, and already used to the hustle and bustle that comes along with it.
- Securing a parking spot anywhere in Manhattan can also prove to be quite challenging. The never-ending traffic and supply of pedestrians make driving in Manhattan like nowhere else in the five boroughs. Even if you are able to secure a good parking spot on the street, don’t bet on keeping your car parked there all week.
- The city’s street cleaning enforces alternate side of the street regulations to be in effect multiple times a week. If you forget to move your car, expect to be greeted with a hefty parking ticket the next day. Which is the reason why most locals own a car, leave it parked (which can be quite expensive), and only use it on the weekends or opt for public transportation altogether. And who could blame them; Manhattan’s vast public transportation system offers everything from taxis, buses to the subway to get you where you need to go.
Great Tip ⇒⇒⇒ Since you can’t move all of your belongings on the subway train, you will have to try and reserve parking for the moving truck. If you have a car, try to secure a spot in front of the building before the movers arrive at your home. Once they do, swap your car with the moving truck. If you don’t own a car, speak to the management of the building regarding move-in regulations, if any, and the possibility of reserving a parking spot.