Cost-Effective Moving Services
- Our cost-effective, hourly rate moving services for local moves within the Tri-State Area, from Manhattan to Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester, provide a trustworthy and affordable way to move in New York State.
- Keep in mind estimates can be affected by your desired move date; prices can vary during weekends and the summer months, when the demand for our moving services is at its peak. Read these tips on how to set the right moving date for your upcoming move.
- Our hourly rate moving services billing time begins as soon as our moving crew arrives at your current home and ends as soon as your household goods are moved into the new home.
Our hourly rate of minimum of 4 hours includes:
- Moving crew (2, 3, 4+)
- 3 Hours Labor time
- 1 Hour Traveling time (the time it takes to travel from our headquarters to your location and back)
- Disassembly/Reassembly (with company tools)
- Moving Equipment (Dollies, moving blankets, packing tape, etc.)
- Official Green City Movers, Air-ride equipped and padded moving truck.
- Personal Moving Consultant – moving guidance prior, during, and after you move.
Number of Men Power Needed
- The number of men power needed for the job is determined in accordance to your particular moving needs. Every move is different and unique. The following goes into consideration when determining the number of men to be assigned to the job.
- Number of Bedrooms
- Overall volume of items being relocated
- Walk-Up/Elevator (walk-up apartments require more man power to complete)
- Specialty Items and Large Bulky furniture (piano, heavy antiques, etc. require more man power to handle safely and efficiently)
When Moving With Green City Movers
- Most people opt for our full-service moving solution. It means our professional packers and movers will pack your belongings, move them, and then unpack them at your new home.
- Small Carton $4
- Medium Carton $5
- Large Carton $7
- Wardrobe Carton $15
- Mirror Carton $15
- Specialty Carton $ (TVs, Grandfather Clocks, Lamp Posts, etc.)
- Mattress/Spring Box Cover $15 (to ensure you get the best quality moving experience from Green City Movers, we REQUIRE all mattresses to be covered during the move. Mattress covers help stop insects, prevent dust, pollen and dirt from getting into the mattress fabric during the move).
The Most Stressful Aspects
- Underestimating the time and energy required to pack for a move is very common and it can be one of the most stressful aspects of planning for a move. In an effort to save money, some people opt to pack their household goods on their own. Packing is an art and requires comprehensive understanding. If not done properly, packing mistakes can have devastating effects on your irreplaceable items.
We Provide Boxes and Moving Supplies in Advance!
- Whether you decide to pack yourself (read: Helpful Packing Tips) or hire us to do it, we provide Boxes and Moving Supplies in advance and on the spot.
As a fully licensed and insured moving company, Green City Movers are equipped to provide:
- Certificate of Insurance (only if required by the building management) – Please advise us of this necessity ahead of time.
- Liability Insurance
Please contact us, to discuss your upcoming move and any additional questions you may have on this subject matter.