Skip to content
Call Now Button
No Stairs Tough Enough For Us To Climb!
New York City is The City of The Renters
- Moving into NYC walk-up apartment. New York City is the city of dreams, but did you know it is also the city of renters? Rental properties are a prevalent choice amongst a large number of New Yorkers.
- In fact, if you’re moving to NYC, there is a high chance you’re moving into an NYC walk-up apartment. 8.6 million people live in NYC, many of whom rent a walk-up apartment. This is mainly due to lack of space.
Many luxury buildings fully equipped with multiple elevators
- Most NYC walk-up apartment buildings contain within its walls narrow and steep stairways and hallways. Not only can the trips up and down those stairs become brutally exhausting, they can also get quite dangerous.
- Navigating heavy, bulky furniture around the corners and up or down the stairs is a work of art in its own right.
- Not only is it strenuous physical labor, it requires knowledge and expertise to be done properly. One wrong step can mean damage to your property or an injury that can range from something small like a scratch to something much more serious.
The Help Of Professional Movers
- Anyone who has relocated from or to a walk-up apartment without the help of professional movers will tell you that it is no walk in the park unless maybe you live on the first floor. The workload is oftentimes considered to be too much for someone who is not a professional mover.
- You can greatly lessen your load and gain some much-needed peace of mind by hiring professional NYC apartment movers to help you move into your NYC walk-up apartment, stress-free.
Moving in with friends?
- If you absolutely cannot afford professional movers, make sure you have enough help on the day of the move from family and friends. Attempting a walk-up apartment move with far too few people is just too risky. The number of flights must also be taken into account when considering a DIY move into a walk-up apartment.
- If your NYC walk-up apartment is located on a higher floor, chances are your friends may not be physically prepared for such a big task. Keep in mind; professional movers can be hired on a budget.
To Save Money And Cut Back on Moving Expenses
Make sure you have enough clearance for a safe move
- As previously mentioned, moving into NYC walk-up apartment presents a lot of opportunity for damage and injury, since you will likely be moving in and around tight spaces. Measure your furniture, doorway, and staircase to make sure everything fits without a problem.
- Bulky items such as couches that cannot be disassembled can cause big issues, regardless of whether you hire professional movers or not. Getting an oversized sofa up to a 5th-floor walk-up.
- Bulky items that doesn’t fit through the door can get very frustrating and expensive. Remember, while the movers look for another way, they are still on the clock. Don’t pay extra if you don’t have to. It is always best to be prepared and aware of any potential problems that may arise on moving day.
Disassemble furniture for an easier relocation
- Disassemble everything that can be taken apart. Not only will this make carrying the furniture up and down those stairs much easier, it will also help ensure clearance through narrow stairways, hallways, and doorways.
- Particle bulky furniture such as IKEA should not be moved in an assembled form. Double-check your inventory prior to moving day to avoid damages. Proper tools are required to safely disassemble furniture. When you hire professional movers, they will come equipped with the proper tools to safely disassemble everything for you.
Moving equipment is vital for moving into NYC walk-up apartment
- When moving into NYC walk-up apartment, moving equipment is a must. Such equipment will help reduce the risk of damaging your belongings and home. Effective moving material that is commonly used to pad the furniture and protect your walls from scratches is moving blankets and bubble wrap.
- A move cannot be completed without a dolly. Dollies are vital moving equipment that helps with navigating heavy furniture with more precision and less effort.
Take care of your movers