No Stairs Tough Enough For Us To Climb!
[contact-form-7 id=”10450″ title=”Moving Quote Brooklyn Queens”]
New York City is The City of The Renters
- Moving into NYC walk-up apartment. New York City is the city of dreams, but did you know it is also the city of renters? Rental properties are a prevalent choice amongst a large number of New Yorkers.
- In fact, if you’re moving to NYC, there is a high chance you’re moving into an NYC walk-up apartment. 8.6 million people live in NYC, many of whom rent a walk-up apartment. This is mainly due to lack of space.
Many luxury buildings fully equipped with multiple elevators
- While many high-rise luxury buildings are now being built fully equipped with multiple elevators, this wasn’t the case 100 years ago, when many of the walk-ups were built. Many of which are located in Manhattan.
- Regardless of where you’re moving to New York City, you will come across many walk-ups during your apartment hunt. As one of the top New York City movers, we have successfully relocated thousands of clients into NYC walk-up apartment.
- Being in business for over 20 years, we like to think of ourselves as somewhat experts in this particular type of move. Since moving into NYC walk-up apartment is not a simple or straightforward process, preparation is of utmost importance. Check out our simple, but very powerful tips for moving into NYC walk-up apartment.
Hire Professional NYC Movers
- Most NYC walk-up apartment buildings contain within its walls narrow and steep stairways and hallways. Not only can the trips up and down those stairs become brutally exhausting, they can also get quite dangerous.
- Navigating heavy, bulky furniture around the corners and up or down the stairs is a work of art in its own right.
- Not only is it strenuous physical labor, it requires knowledge and expertise to be done properly. One wrong step can mean damage to your property or an injury that can range from something small like a scratch to something much more serious.
The Help Of Professional Movers
- Anyone who has relocated from or to a walk-up apartment without the help of professional movers will tell you that it is no walk in the park unless maybe you live on the first floor. The workload is oftentimes considered to be too much for someone who is not a professional mover.
- You can greatly lessen your load and gain some much-needed peace of mind by hiring professional NYC apartment movers to help you move into your NYC walk-up apartment, stress-free.
Moving in with friends?
- If you absolutely cannot afford professional movers, make sure you have enough help on the day of the move from family and friends. Attempting a walk-up apartment move with far too few people is just too risky. The number of flights must also be taken into account when considering a DIY move into a walk-up apartment.
- If your NYC walk-up apartment is located on a higher floor, chances are your friends may not be physically prepared for such a big task. Keep in mind; professional movers can be hired on a budget.
To Save Money And Cut Back on Moving Expenses
- There are several ways in which you can secure the help of professional movers. To save money and cut back on moving expenses you can consider the following:
- Pack everything yourself and hire professional movers for the physical labor and relocation of your items from point A to point B. They will arrive at your home with the proper knowledge and equipment to safely move your items without any setbacks.
- Hire professional helpers to assist you with the heavy lifting and handling. Simply rent a truck on your own and hire professionals to take care of the rest. This step is not for everyone because driving, parking in restricted area a truck can be intimidating and dangerous if the individual has little or no experience.
Make sure you have enough clearance for a safe move
- As previously mentioned, moving into NYC walk-up apartment presents a lot of opportunity for damage and injury, since you will likely be moving in and around tight spaces. Measure your furniture, doorway, and staircase to make sure everything fits without a problem.
- Bulky items such as couches that cannot be disassembled can cause big issues, regardless of whether you hire professional movers or not. Getting an oversized sofa up to a 5th-floor walk-up.
- Bulky items that doesn’t fit through the door can get very frustrating and expensive. Remember, while the movers look for another way, they are still on the clock. Don’t pay extra if you don’t have to. It is always best to be prepared and aware of any potential problems that may arise on moving day.
Disassemble furniture for an easier relocation
- Disassemble everything that can be taken apart. Not only will this make carrying the furniture up and down those stairs much easier, it will also help ensure clearance through narrow stairways, hallways, and doorways.
- Particle bulky furniture such as IKEA should not be moved in an assembled form. Double-check your inventory prior to moving day to avoid damages. Proper tools are required to safely disassemble furniture. When you hire professional movers, they will come equipped with the proper tools to safely disassemble everything for you.
Moving equipment is vital for moving into NYC walk-up apartment
- When moving into NYC walk-up apartment, moving equipment is a must. Such equipment will help reduce the risk of damaging your belongings and home. Effective moving material that is commonly used to pad the furniture and protect your walls from scratches is moving blankets and bubble wrap.
- A move cannot be completed without a dolly. Dollies are vital moving equipment that helps with navigating heavy furniture with more precision and less effort.
Take care of your movers
- Moving into NYC walk-up apartment is time-consuming, hard work. Tipping is not a requirement but is often based on the quality of the service received. Professional and experienced movers NYC have strong work ethics and are there to help assist you on the day of the move, all the while making the entire process much easier on you and your family.
- While tipping them at the end of the move shows your overall appreciation for a job well done, be sure to also provide snacks and refreshments throughout the move to keep them hydrated and energetic.