How do I book a move with Green City Movers?
There are several ways to plan and book with Green City Movers:
- To begin, you can fill out our free online estimate form and get an insight to what your move might cost.
- Reach our customer care center directly by calling 1(718)-576-3736, to speak with one of our representative.
- Speak to one of our representatives about scheduling in-home estimate.
If you decide to move with Green City Movers, a move coordinator will be assigned to you and assist you throughout your relocation process.
Is your company licensed and insured?
- Green City Movers is a fully licensed company under the Department of Transportation (DOT#39058). We are bonded and insured with general liability, cargo, auto and workers compensation.
- If your building requires we add them onto our insurance policy, known as “Additional Insured”, please let your moving coordinator know at least a week ahead of the move date. Most buildings do not require this.
What is your pricing structure and what can I expect to pay?
- The cost of a move is based on many factors: weight, distance, length of time and the manpower involved. To get started, fill out our free estimate form online and one of our representatives will follow up with you within an hour or less.
- A non-binding estimate is an approximation of the cost for your move, based on the estimated weight of the shipment and accessorial services requested.
- A binding estimate is an exact cost for moving services and your final charges will not increase. You will discuss with your move coordinator the best options that suit your needs.
Do you offer packing services?
- Hiring full-service movers saves you time, stress, and possibly wasted effort. Our moving services are entrusted to highly trained professionals who can efficiently pack, load, unload and unpack your belongings.
- Heavy appliances, large furniture and fragile items are difficult to pack and load securely without incurring damage. In the end, hiring movers to pack your belongings may be the more cost-effective solution.
- You may inquire about this option through our estimate form or by speaking to one of our representatives. If you would like to pack yourself, just consult with one of our move coordinators for packing tips and advice.
Do you provide labor-only (no trucks) services?
- Moving within the same building or already have a truck? No problem, here at Green City Movers, we provide labor-only crew to assist with pod and truck loading and unloading, as well as internal moves. Just select the labor option when filling out your estimate form or inform your move coordinator.
Do you use temporary day laborers?
- Never. We only employ full-time, highly experienced and skilled Green City Moving crew members. All of our employees have many years of experience and we consider them the best in the business.
• Can you provide storage for my belongings?
- Sometimes, even a local, small move must include storage. Your Green City Movers representative can help you with many storage options as part of your moving experience.
How and when do I pay for the move?
- Tariff provisions require that all moving charges to be paid one hour before your shipment is unloaded at the destination. Payments can be made using cash, certified checks or money order. Other payment options such as a credit card or debit card can be arranged your professional moving provider. Discuss these options with your move coordinator.
Do you accept tips?
- Tip etiquette is a touchy subject under any circumstances and deciding whether to tip your movers is even more fraught with questions. Although they are being paid to provide a service, they could be worthy of extra recognition for a job well done. So, yes, please tip your movers if you are happy with your move.