Moving In Summer Time
- Statistics show a large number of people choose to move to New York during the warmer months of summer, making the neighboring and versatile season of fall highly underrated as one of the best times of the year for relocation.
- Undoubtedly, this colorful time of the year offers its fair share of possible moving pros that are certainly worthy of great consideration. Summer may be the busiest time for moving but is it the best time?
- While choosing the best time to move is certainly a subjective matter, we believe there is no better time to take a look at some of the benefits of moving in fall, since it is right around the corner!
- If you’re planning to move to New York in the fall. You’ll be happy to learn that you may have picked the best time to move after all.
Continue reading our top 6 Reasons to move to New York in fall . To learn how you may benefit from moving during this particular time of the year:
6 Reasons to move to New York in fall
- Off-Peak Season
- A lot of people choose summer. As the optimal time for moving since they are more likely to take vacation time from work. Their kids are off from school as well. If they’re renting in New York, then chances are their lease is also up in the summer.
- These are among some of the main reasons people choose to relocate. During the busiest time for moving industry, which begins in May. This is why the summer time is peak season for moving companies.
- The months that follow are considered off-peak for most moving companies. Since the demand is lower, the rates are generally lower as well.
Pro Tip â‡’â‡’â‡’ Check out money saving moving tips when moving to New York City.
After a busy summer, New York moving companies tend to slow down a bit in the fall. Having more availability as a result.
- Since not many people are moving during this time, moving companies in New York become more flexible in fall, in terms of availability.
- Although a lot of reputable New York movers tend to stay busy year round. They become particularly hard to book during the summer months. While you are still advised to lock in your movers as soon as possible.
- You will certainly have more options to choose from. Comparing several top-rated moving companies allows you to choose the best one for you.
- It makes it that less stressful than moving with the first company that could accommodate your specific date and time.
- Weather is undoubtedly one of the 6 Reasons to move to New York in fall. The obvious benefit of moving to New York City in fall is the neutral weather. Which allows for more personal comfort during the strenuous labor that is involved with moving.
- Even if you hire a professional New York moving and packing company, you’re still responsible for packing, unpacking, putting things together, moving items around, and so on.
- If you ever visited or lived in New York in the past, you will know that our summers are scorching hot and our winters are nothing less of uncomfortable. You should also know that moving home entails a lot of lifting, carrying, and overall hard physical labor.
- Therefore weather plays a major role in how pleasant or unpleasant the entire moving process will be for you. While fall comes with rain, it also comes with comfortable cool breeze and lots of sunshine.
- It is also considered one of New York’s best seasons! Extreme heat or cold will slow you down significantly and prolong the entire process altogether.
- On the other hand, pleasant and mild temperatures of fall will make the entire process that more comfortable for you and your movers.
Less activities and obligations
- Summer time is filled with fun-in-the-sun activities and winter is filled with several major holidays.
- Having to navigate through multiple planned family functions and a move can make matters quite hectic, to say the least. On the other hand, fall is virtually free of traditional obligations, which will allow you to transition into your new home with much less stress, and more money in your pocket!
- Summertime is notorious for family vacations. Having to book a family vacation and organize a move all within a short time frame can become quite expensive, and even more stressful for those on a tight budget. When planning a move, the fewer unrelated obligations you have, the better.
- If you plan your move right, you will avoid all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Moving is stressful enough, with all of the planning and organizing you have to tend to.
- Imagine having to juggle your moving priorities and holiday plans all at the same time. Your finances can also take a toll.
- While moving rates are lower during wintertime, prices on everything else during the holidays go up significantly.
- If you’re on a tight budget, you will find it particularly strenuous to relocate home during the holidays, as sacrifices will most likely have to be made.
This concludes our list of the 6 Reasons to move to New York in fall. While there are many more reasons, both personal and general in nature, the reasons listed above tend to top the list.
Choose Your Movers Carefully!
- Moving services these days tend to come in many varieties and flavors. There is the good, the bad, and the ugly. Sometimes you just never know what you will get.
- Nonetheless, you’ll be glad to know that despite all of the negative rep, there are still many good guys out there. Whose sole purpose for being in business is to provide exceptional moving services.
- Gain good reputation, and earn an honest living doing what they enjoy.
- Green City Movers is one of such full-service movers in New York. We take pride in our ability to provide our clients affordable and reliable moving services. So they can recommend to their friends and family.
- We are the movers that will go the extra mile to ensure you are satisfied and happy with your relocation. Green City Movers help you save time and money with moving discounts.
- Continue reading below to learn how we can help you cut down on move associated costs, and remember, good movers want to help you, not deceive you!
No hidden fees!
- When you hire Green City Movers for the job, you won’t have to worry about any hidden fees whatsoever. You will only pay exactly what is in your contract. The contents of your contract will be disclosed to you in full detail in both verbal and written form.
- Within 15 minutes of your initial phone consultation with one of our reps, you will receive a written statement in your email, outlining exactly what was discussed over the phone.
- You are then welcome to make a sound decision if you wish to hire us for the job or not.
- We only operate with honesty and integrity, so you can rest assured you would never be charged for something you weren’t previously informed of.
We give the best advice!
- We will only recommend good moving services with our client’s best interest in mind. We don’t lure with incentives in order to make a few extra bucks. It is unethical and not worth the effort.
- We are on call 7 days a week, answering your questions and addressing your concerns. You don’t even have to move with us in order to receive valuable information pertaining your upcoming move.
- We will gladly help out anyone who dials our number, even if it’s just to ask for some professional advice.
- On our blog, you will find hundreds of informative articles where we give away free tips and tricks that help you save time and money on your upcoming move. Just take a look for yourself in our blog section of our website.
We offer low rates!
- We welcome you to compare our rates to those of our competitors. You will quickly learn why we have a reputation for having some of the most affordable rates in New York City. We don’t low-ball our clients, but rather provide them with an affordable option to safely and securely transport their things from one place to another.
Pro Tip â‡’â‡’â‡’ Affordable movers in New York City
Our crews are hard working and professional
- Our guys have years of experience under their belt and know exactly what they’re doing.
- Our crew will never slack off on the job or take frequent breaks to stall time, or even worse, cigarette breaks.
- Our motto is to move you safely and sufficiently in a timely manner, but you will never find us rushing through a job.
We don’t charge extra for last minute moves!
- If you happen to call us a few hours before you suddenly have to move out of your place, and we have a crew and truck available, we will move you, simple as that!
- We won’t charge you extra for fitting you in without proper notice. We understand life is unpredictable, and won’t ever try to cash in on your situation.
Pro Tip â‡’â‡’â‡’ Are you moving in a rush? here are some last minute moving tips
We offer complimentary moving kits on moving day!
- We understand that packing material is not cheap and can spike up your moving costs. If your upcoming move requires a significant amount of packing supplies, we will include a complimentary moving kit, to help you get started. Our moving kits include, various styles of moving boxes, and tape. If our tight schedule allows it, we will even deliver the kit to your home.
Free box delivery
- When you buy your moving supplies from us, we will deliver them to your home for free, saving you money and a trip to the supply store. Simply let us know the time that is convenient to you and one of our delivery guys will come to your destination for drop off. If you happen to order too many boxes, you will not be obligated to keep them as long as they’re unused. We will simply collect them at the time of the move, and you will not be charge for them.
What is a Certificate of Insurance (COI) ?
- More specifically, it lists important information, such as the kind of coverage, effective date, liability, and more.
- Buildings have specific requirements that the COI must meet, and will therefore, require a copy of the COI at least 24 hours in advance, to ensure all of the conditions are being met.
How do you know if you need a COI?
- As if moving home wasn’t stressful enough, you have to also worry about things like Certificate of Insurance (commonly known as the COI) as well. Now, what exactly is a COI and do you need it for your upcoming move?
- Certificate of Insurance is an official document that is provided by your moving company’s insurance provider.
- Not sure if you need one? Well, if you’re renting a unit in an apartment building, chances are your landlord may need a COI from your movers. Why does your landlord need it, you ask?
Continue reading below as we address some of the more common questions regarding Certificate of Insurance, and learn if you need Certificate of Insurance for your move.
- For the most part, COI requirements are very common for moves that take place in apartment complexes of urban cities.
- If you are moving from or to a luxury, high-rise building, then there’s a very high chance that the management will require a COI from your moving company.
- In most cases, your building management will alert you of such requirements as soon as they learn of your upcoming relocation.
- They will usually provide a sample document outlining all of the specific requirements. A document similar to the above image.
How do you get a COI from your NYC moving company?
- Ideally, a knowledgeable moving representative will ask their clients whom are moving to or from a property similar to the ones commonly known to require a Certificate of Insurance, if a COI is needed.
- If your rep doesn’t ask, just simply tell them yourself when booking your move. In fact, acquiring a COI should require very little effort on your part, as for the most part.
- Your movers will work directly with the building management to provide them the proper documentation needed.
- The most you will have to do is let your moving company know your move requires a COI and provide them with the contact information of the property management.
Failing to provide a COI when one is needed!
- Certificate of Insurance must be processed and rendered by your movers insurance company, a process that can take up to a week.
- Most buildings requiring a COI will need this document at least 24 hours prior to the move. Although some will accept it at the time of the actual move, not all are this lenient.
- Your moving company needs to be aware of the COI requirements several days in advance in order to have it processed in time for the move.
Make Sure To Provide Sufficient Notice To Your Mover
It is actually something that is out of their control because it is up to their insurance company to process the document.
- In the worst case, your moving crew will show up on the move day, without any knowledge of a COI requirement, and get denied entry into the building. At this time, your move is postponed to a later date or your moving crew will stand idle as they wait for COI to be sorted out between the moving company and building management. This will delay your move and result in surcharges.