Call 718-576-3736 text or fill out Free Moving Quote
When it comes to moving home
- Most of us will agree that it is not the most welcoming life event. Although the idea of a brand new start is exciting, the actual act of relocation can be dreadful. In addition to all the work and planning, you will also have to financially prepare to cover the costs.
- Although relocating your home or office can become expensive, it doesn’t have to put you over your spending limit. Moving on a tight budget in Brooklyn is not only possible, it is guaranteed! Not all moving companies can provide trustworthy service at affordable prices, but there are Brooklyn NY movers that do just that. When you’re shopping around for affordable movers NYC, you will find yourself wondering who are the cheapest movers in Brooklyn or who are the best movers in Brooklyn?
Services That You Can Trust!
- While many Brooklyn NY movers promise moving services that you can trust and afford, not many deliver. No pun intended. Continue reading to learn how you can move your home or office in Brooklyn without breaking the bank or jeopardizing your belongings by hiring charlatans.
Who Are The Cheapest Movers In Brooklyn?
- It is very important to note that while finding affordable movers NYC is the goal, making sure you can trust them in your home, handling your belongings, is also of great importance. Especially if you’re in possession of high value items, and need your grand piano moved or antique furniture, for example.
- So how do you find the right movers that guarantee affordable rates all the while being professional? You have to do your research of course! In the age of technology, doing your homework and a bit of detective work is always the first step.
Affordable movers NYC…
- Are the movers that have the reputation and credibility to back up their claims. Any company can have a professional looking website with pretty pictures, promising so much for so little. It just doesn’t make it true.
- With competition being so fierce, many companies lure clients with false incentives. The moving industry is no different. So you will have to do a little more than just visit their website. Any Brooklyn NY movers that attract your attention should be thoroughly researched when trying to figure out who are the cheapest movers in Brooklyn.
Check Moving Company Background
- Cross-reference all of their information with the right institutions to confirm their validity, starting with their license. If a moving company is operating without a license, they are considered an illegal entity. While they may provide a much lower rate than the competition, they will also provide you with a headache and unnecessary expenses. Unlicensed movers should be avoided at all costs.
- Checking your moving company‘s license has never been easier. Any legitimate Brooklyn NY movers will have nothing to hide and will have their license readily available when inquired. Most movers will have their license numbers visible on their website. Their USDOT (The U.S. Department of Transportation number), if present, will prove that they are properly licensed.
- Should you stop here? Making sure the movers are licensed is very important, but not all licensed moving companies are great. While many are, there are just as many that lack the expertise, knowledge, and professionalism to make them good. Reading reviews will not only let you know their overall ranking but give you some insight into how you can expect your big day to unfold as well. While most companies may have several bad reviews, an extensive amount, should raise a red flag.
Get moving quotes from the best movers in Brooklyn
Who are the cheapest movers in Brooklyn? Well the answer to that question can only be found out one way. By getting several moving quotes and comparing them! Once you found your top 3 Brooklyn NY movers, it is time to learn who are in fact the most affordable movers NYC when moving to or from New York.
Getting a moving quote is a straightforward process and shouldn’t take long. Most professional Brooklyn movers will have several outlets through which you can get a moving quote. The top 3 are calling them directly, filling out their online moving form, or requesting an in-home estimate.
Who are the cheapest movers in Brooklyn? Brooklyn NY movers with the best rates!
Ultimately, there are 3 different types of moving estimates that you can get:
- Non-Binding Estimate
This estimate is not set in stone and may change depending on the actual size and weight of the move. When receiving this type of estimate, it is crucial to disclose all items being moved to your best abilities. Oftentimes, people don’t realize just how much stuff they have until they start packing.
Unless you have already begun packing at the time of the estimate, you can greatly underestimate the amount of stuff that needs to be relocated. The estimator will determine the quote based off of the information that you provide. Concealing important information will only cost you more in the end.
***Who are the cheapest movers in Brooklyn? Be weary of low-ball estimates. Since non-binding estimates can change, you will not be protected if a too-good-to-be-true estimate suddenly gets much higher than originally quoted. You will have to come up with the difference.
A binding estimate is when your movers guarantee a fixed rate estimate based on the information provided. You will pay exactly what was originally quoted as long as nothing is added to the list of items to be moved. The movers will not be allowed to change the price whatsoever. If you decide to add items, your movers will either propose a new binding estimate or convert the binding estimate into a non-binding estimate.
***Agreeing to a binding estimate does not mean you will pay less. If your move was originally quoted for 8 hours and only takes 6, you will still have to pay for 8 hours.
Binding Not-To-Exceed Estimate
This option is popular with interstate moves. Binding not-to-exceed estimate means that even if your shipment exceeds the original estimate, you won’t be charged extra. In addition, if you have fewer items than initially anticipated, then you will only pay for the cost of shipping the actual weight. This means you could end up paying less than originally quoted.
*** On the day of the move, carefully review your contract. It should state exactly the type of estimate you are receiving and what moving services are included.
It starts with you…
Who are the cheapest movers in Brooklyn? You are! Not really, we’re just teasing. However, when it comes to saving money on your upcoming move, it is up to you to take the steps needed and make it happen. Hiring the best movers in Brooklyn will provide you with the much-needed support at a great price. But what else can you do to save money? The answer is a lot!
- If you don’t use it, don’t take it with you!
Get rid of the stuff that you rarely use or just don’t want anymore. If you have stuff you no longer need, you can sell or donate them. The fewer things you need to pack, the more time and money you will save before, during, and after the move. By getting rid of your stuff prior to moving, you may also avoid storage service fees, if previously required because your new place is too small.
- Do the packing yourself
Pack as much as you’re comfortable with. If something needs disassembly, and you have the proper knowledge to do it, get it done before the movers arrive. Less time they spend in your home, the less you will pay.
- Save on moving boxes
Although you should be extremely selective when picking out used boxes, you can save money with them versus buying new ones. Packing supplies can add up and drive the costs of moving significantly higher.
- Help your movers
If you’re up for it, you can aid your movers during the move to save time and ultimately money.