Whether you are getting ready to put your home up for sale or just wish to increase its value in the long run, there are several steps you will have to take. These necessary upgrades and quick fixes don’t have to break the bank, but they will surely make all the difference in increasing the value of your home. Whether your budget allows for a large scale remodeling project or just a few upgrades, we have created a list to help you get started. Continue reading below our tips on how to increase the value of your home.
- To increase your home’s value, making the necessary upgrades in your kitchen is an essential step you don’t want to miss. It is the room where families spend the most time; therefore even the smallest renovations can make a big impact. Depending on your budget, there are many upgrades that can be done on your kitchen to increase value of your home. Are your appliances rusty and outdated? Upgrade to stainless steel appliances, which will automatically improve the aesthetic appeal of the space. Granite tops can be a bit pricey, but they are durable, long lasting, and will certainly appeal to prospective buyers if you are selling your home or decide to in the future. If the cabinets need a makeover as well, but you don’t necessarily have the funds for it, painting your existing ones a neutral color is another great alternative. It is a simple way of freshening up your kitchen and covering up any existing scratches.
- Bathroom updates are another must for increasing the overall value of your home. A full remodel will set you back thousands, but don’t worry if that is not in your budget because even the smallest changes will make a difference. Paint in neutral color to freshen things up, replace dingy and chipped tiles. Update your toilet, bathtub, and vanity, if they are showing signs of wear and tear. Repair or replace old plumbing. Prioritize and budget according to your needs and take care of the repairs that need it most.
- Creating an open space can add tremendously to the value of your home. Consult with a contractor to learn if you can perhaps knock out a non-structural wall, creating a wide-open floor plan.
- Upgrade your home to be tech savvy. In the age of technology, nothing can add greater value to a home than high tech upgrades. Upgrades like smart home automation allow to connect your home’s lights, audio speakers, TVs, security cameras, appliances, and more, into a common system, which can be controlled from your smart phone or through a mobile touch screen device.
- Upgrade your light fixtures. Fresh light fixtures can give the house a more modern feel, creating an illusion of an abundance of natural light.
- Upgrading your lawn, and adding colorful plants will undoubtedly add curb appeal and increase value of your home. You can hire a lawn service company to trim your lawn and shape your hedges. Invest in plants that require less water and maintenance, for a more cost effective option.