When living in New York City, you are surrounded by endless possibilities. The mere fact that you’re residing in the most glorious of all the cities in the world is a big deal! What you will do with that fact is only up to you. However, it can be a great stepping point towards the greatest success in life and business. The nightlife, the history, the headquarters of the biggest corporations, the culture scene, etc., it’s all here. The City offers so much, and yours is to embrace it. On the other hand, some residents of New York are faced with the lack of space in their homes. Often, the apartments, lofts, even houses do not offer enough space. If you’re one of them, this is one of the reasons why finding a cheap storage in New York is something which will make your life so much easier. Read More
Every once in a while we’re faced with a situation when we have a desire to change certain things. It can be a job, a new haircut, car, or even something bigger. For example, furniture, or layout of your apartment. As for the reasons, those can vary, too. The important thing is that if it makes us happy, then it’s a good reason. However, there are other things we should bear in mind, such as our budget. There’s no point investing in something if it will cause our budget suffer too much. If you live in NYC, and you’re thinking about renovating, then read the article to find out more about New York apartment renovation costs. Read More
You should try to make your move as stress-free as possible. If you don’t know where to start, keep in mind that you will need time to make a plan, organize everything. If there is not enough time to do everything yourself, you can hire moving professional to help.
Professional moving companies in Brooklyn offer additional services you might need like packing, unpacking, cleaning and storage. Here are few tips on how to plan your move. If you are moving on a budget, here you will find everything you need to know about moving quotes in Brooklyn.
Plan your move
If you are moving for the first time, the moving planner might help you organize better. The best way to start is to make a plan for your Brooklyn move. If you can, try to start your move month or two in advance. With a little bit of extra time, you will be able to organize the better part of your move by yourself. Moving planner is one of the tools that help plan your move in detail.
The planner is a reminder of everything from packing materials and supplies to your pet’s veterinary records so it might be very helpful during the stressful move. And you shouldn’t forget that you might get the lower moving quotes in Brooklyn if you plan your move in time and pack your belongings by yourself.
Calculate your costs online
It is not easy to have the final moving quote when you just started organizing your move. You can use an online cost calculator to get the rough idea of the price. But keep in mind that the price that the online cost calculator gives you is not the final one. An online cost calculator is a tool that helps you get the idea of the moving quotes in Brooklyn by calculating all the moving parameters.
The size of your home or the number of rooms in your home are the parameters you put in. Also, you should note if you have extra storage space and the garage with additional items to move. If you have to ship your belongings overseas or you have to fly your items to your new home, the calculator will add the cost to the price.
It is always the good idea to use the online calculator before organizing your move because you might get a clearer view of all the aspects regarding your move.
The final price of your move
The estimation of all the costs of your move calculated together is the final price of the move. When you ask the professional moving company for an estimate they will give you the moving quote. There are different types of moving quotes in Brooklyn.
The price of the local move is calculated differently than when you hire interstate, international or long-distance movers Brooklyn. When moving interstate, the moving quote will generally be based on several factors. The first one is the weight of the entire shipment.
The shipping distance, professional packing supplies and other additional costs for the services you may need the company will add up to the full amount – a quote. The professional moving company will make you a price ““ a quote for all the moving costs.
Be aware that sometimes there are other hidden costs of moving that you should be aware of. Also, there is an easy way to skip and avoid all additional and hidden costs when choosing the right moving professionals for your move. Choosing the right moving quote Brooklyn is the key to a successful and a stress-free move. There are three types of moving quotes that you might need.
Non-binding estimate or quote
Non”“binding estimate is not a legal contract. It is an approximation of the cost that is not final. The moving company offers a bid that is only the projection of the cost based on the survey of the client’s items. The non-binding estimate is always lower than the final cost of the move or the binding quote for several reasons.
Next to the costs of packing services Brooklyn and other additional costs like fuel surcharges or pay toll costs have added the cost of the shipping. Before shipping, the shipment will be weight and the company will add the price to the initial price of the move.
Be careful when choosing this moving quote Brooklyn because there are no guarantees that you will get the same amount as one that you might expect. Additional cost and services might surprise you after the moving process is over. That is why the professionals recommend choosing the other type of quote when moving internationally. You can get a free moving quote from the professional movers.
Binding moving quotes in Brooklyn
The binding quote is the final price of your move. The professional moving company will do a survey of your home or your office space and give you the estimate of the cost of your move. Professional moving services Brooklyn will send a professional to inspect your entire home and review all the belongings that you want to move.
Make sure to show the companies representative all the spaces of your home. That includes the attic, the garage and storage space. If you forget anything, the final cost of your move may be higher. When you hire a moving company make sure to get the binding quote in writing. It should contain all the description in detail of your shipment. Also, the professional representative from the moving company should sign the binding estimate. The binding quote is like a contract.
Another name for the not-to-exceed estimate is price protection estimate. It is different than the binding estimate and moving companies don’t use them often. When asking the company for a quote, you should also ask if they offer not-to-exceed estimate or quote for their services.
Not-to-exceed estimate protects the customer. The reason for that is the final price of the move – it is fixed and the moving company can not go over that amount. In some cases, when using this type of moving quotes in Brooklyn, the final price of the move might be even lower than an originally expected quote.
That happens if the total weight of the shipment ends up being lower than what the movers initially estimated. When using not-to-exceed estimate, you should also get the signed copy in writing. This type of moving quotes in Brooklyn is also a contract with the professional moving company.
If you’re making plans to move to Brooklyn, you might have started to pack all of your things. Moving from one home to another usually produces a lot of waste. Everything from packing materials, moving boxes and unnecessary items that you dispose of can be a threat to the environment. While you’re searching for reliable movers in Brooklyn, make sure to do what’s in your power to keep the environment safe. You can find a convenient way to store items, appliances and pieces of furniture you will not move. Moreover, you can make a good use for them if you want to recycle. If you’re wondering how to reduce waste while moving, keep reading to find out.
Reduce waste in your home before the move
The best way to reduce waste while moving is to start doing it at home. If you want to keep the environment as clean as possible, you can do the following:
- Make a yard sale and don’t throw away items you don’t need. These could be clothes, toys, kitchen appliances and other items.
- While cleaning your home, use reusable mops, cloths, and sponges. If you take good care of them, you might use it to clean your new home again.
- Research the internet and find out how to reduce waste while moving. You will find many organizations selling moving boxes made from recycled paper. Also, try to find the packing material you have left from the kitchen and bathroom appliances. Find old newspapers to use them for wrapping fragile items.
- After cleaning your home, make sure to follow the instructions for disposing of cleaning products.
Recycle while you pack
The way you pack can make a big difference if you want to reduce waste while moving. If you choose eco-friendly materials, you’ll make sure to save the environment. Here are some packing materials you can use to reduce waste while moving:
- Cardboard boxes, newspaper and bubble wrap. These can all be used as packing materials. If you have some egg cartons left, you can use it for packing fragile items, just like the newspaper. If you have children, these cartons can be efficient for art projects, so make sure not to throw them away.
- Make a good use of jars and pots. You can use them not only for storing food. Glass jars and plastic containers are very useful for keeping all sorts of tools. This way you can be sure not to lose any screws, rubber bands, and nails. Use pots for packing some kitchen items that are not breakable. This way you’ll save space and extra moving boxes, but also reduce waste while moving.
- Don’t use plastic bags. Instead, use the paper ones. Plastic bags will most likely break during the move so you’ll have to throw them away which is not environment-friendly. On the other hand, you can recycle paper bags after the move.
- Use old towels and t-shirts to wrap fragile items. You can use them for cleaning after you unpack in your new home. Make sure you protect the environment while cleaning your home.
Reduce waste while moving
Even during the traveling to your new home, you can do things to reduce waste while moving. Especially if you’re moving the long distance. While long distance movers in Brooklyn are transporting your belongings to your new home, here are few things you can do:
- If you’re traveling a long distance, bring scrap paper for children to play games and draw. If you’re making stops during the trip, make sure not to leave any waste around.
- In case you’re moving during summer, you’ll probably need a lot of water to hydrate. The best way to reduce waste while moving is to use containers for keeping water or juice. If you still decide to buy plastic water bottles, make sure to refill them instead of buying the new ones.
- Try to find a moving company that uses fuel-efficient trucks. This way your belongings will reduce waste while moving.
Recycle after the move
After you unpack your belongings, make sure to recycle the packing materials you have left. The boxes you used for packing might be useful to your friends. Don’t throw clothes, linens and other items that you used for packing fragile items. You can clean the house with them, or give them to a local animal shelter. Some puppies will be more than happy to have comfy sheets to sleep in.
Use moving boxes for storing the items you don’t use every day. You can ask your movers to help you find a convenient storage space in Brooklyn. After you find the storage unit you like, try to use the boxes you already have from the moving.
Recycling wood and furniture pieces
Many people buy completely new furniture for their new home. There are plenty of things you can do with old furniture to reduce waste while moving. Whether you want to make a new furniture from the older pieces or give them away, it’s up to you. Whatever you decide, try not to throw them away.
- If you have old pieces of furniture, make sure to give them away to a company that works with wood. They can recycle and use the pieces to make a new product. If you have a yard, you can make a new patio table or a birdhouse.
- If you have some time and tools, you can adapt your old furniture to make it convenient for a new home.
- Pallets that many of us keep in the garage can be recycled, too. Use them for various woodcrafts and furniture making. There are plenty of ideas for making furniture out of pallets. You can make a new coffee table, a new bed or few shelves for your living room.
No matter how many times you’ve been to this city, or how long have you been living here, there is always a room to surprise us. This city is not a Center of the Universe for no reason or one of the most popular cities in the world. For business, culture, education, fashion, pursuing a career, nightlife, or simply having fun. This city has been drawing a countless number of people of all ages for centuries now. Whoever leaves it, he/she also leaves a piece of their soul between the broad avenues hoping to reunite with it sometime again. In return, they get to take a piece of NYC with them, thus having a valuable memory to hold onto. Those of you who are yet to experience the charms of this wonderful city will have a chance to find out about some of the many hidden NYC attractions.
Need help moving?
If you’re planning on moving here permanently, we can suggest you hire a reliable moving company. For the newcomers, New York City can be a hectic place. It might seem to be complicated to get your way around it. Honestly, you don’t need that kind of a stress which can spoil your impression of this marvelous city. In order to avoid the stress, and overcome the fear, the professionals employed in a moving company can assist you will all you need.
A licensed company is what you’re looking for
Before you hurry up to hire a company, don’t rush that much. First, make sure they have a license. You have a full right to ask whether they possess all the necessary documentation that will guarantee you professionalism, responsibility, and reliability. So, be aware of the fraudulent moving company. They will cause you a lot more problems than you think. However, a trustworthy company will ensure that you’ll receive the best possible experience with your residential move to NYC.
Read the reviews
Take your time, and go through the reviews of the people who had previously had experience with using their services. These can provide you useful pieces of information, and in this way, you will be better prepared for your relocating to the City. Only when you collect all the information you need, sign the contract with a moving company.
Ready, set, action and search for the hidden NYC attractions
Alright, now that you have found a new home, it’s time to get outside of it, search the neighborhood, get to know the boroughs, find your own secret place, or a favorite place, for that matters. Become the New Yorker! NYC attractions are all around you. Don’t worry; no matter how many times you get to pass near them, you’ll never get bored of them. Plus, with each new day, you’ll maybe get to discover a new one. Everything is possible in this stupendous piece of a land. It is only up to you how you will use your time here. Let’s take a look at some not so well-known, but still very beautiful places around the City.
25-foot waterfall in Greenacre Park
Although it’s a very small park, it still provides a perfect get-away from the bustle and noise of the streets. You’ll find yourself surrounded by a beautiful 25-foot waterfall while you’re enjoying a cup of coffee.
A tropical forest
How does it sound escaping a concrete jungle, by going to a tropical jungle? Nope, you don’t actually have to leave New York to do so. This is one of the NYC attractions you can get to know by going to East 43rd Street. It is actually inside an office building. Here, you can have the pleasure of seeing many different types of plants such as giant tree dwarf shrubs, magnolias, etc. The conditions inside a building enable the tropical conditions for the plants. This is the case during the whole year, and if you wish to visit it, you can do it whenever you have time.
Explorers club headquarters
This club was founded way back in 1905. It was a meeting place for those who belonged to a circle of polar explorers and scientists. Today in this place you can see a large collection of many wonderful artifacts, books, which number up to 13 thousand. Also, you’ll see a great amount of artwork that contributed to expanding the knowledge of sea, air, land, and space.
A hidden place of magic in Tannen’s Magic store
This is the oldest store of magic and one of the NYC attractions. For decades it’s been supplying all of those eager to perform magic. You can only imagine all the things you can find here. From magic books, potions, invisible paint, magic cards, and boxes, you name it. All is here. Then again, if you’re skeptical whether they actually work, just ask and it will be demonstrated to you.
Talking about magic, go check out the museum of the world’s most famous escape artists. It’s on the third floor of the Fantasma magic shop building on 421 Seventh Avenue in Midtown, Manhattan. Among other famous objects he used back in his time, you can see his escape coffin and handcuffs, as well as many photos, and portraits.
Candy shop in Lexington Avenue
This is actually the oldest luncheonette owned by a family in New York. Here you can have a cup of coffee from the original coffee urns, and drink milkshakes from Hamilton Beach mixer from 1940. Many celebrity photos decorate the walls of this place such as Robert Redford.
We hope you like what we have selected. These are just some of the NYC attractions you can enjoy as you explore the City. New York is a great place for individuals and families, and there are plenty of places youcan enjoy. Make sure to find your favorite place and feel free to discover new ones.
Call, Text 718-576-3736 or submit quick moving quote!
Every relocation is a demanding process. It takes time, energy, and, most importantly, it takes money. When it comes to moving to New York, we can easily say that it’s probably the toughest thing to do. Not only that it could cost a fortune, but it also takes so much time and so much energy. This is why we suggest you don’t do it alone.
Brooklyn movers will make the process of moving to NYC a lot easier. Plus, hiring experts saves your money in most cases. We will discuss how and why. Besides this, we shall also discuss how to calculate your NYC moving budget, helping you get a picture of how much money you need for your move to the Big Apple.
What to include in your moving budget?
A migration to New York City means entering the big scene. But it also means paying more for almost everything you might imagine. The City of Gotham is one of the most expensive cities in the world. So, unless you’re moving to New York from a city with similar costs of living, you should prepare for an impact on your monthly budget. This is why we suggest you save as much money as you can on your NY move. How to save your money? Well, some friends will surely advise you to try a DIY move. But, let’s discuss this a bit more thoroughly.
Have you got any experience in moving to such a big city? Do you have tools, supplies, and equipment for such an adventure? Do you know how to pack and move your belongings? Are you handy for driving a moving truck? If the answer is mostly no, then think again whether or not hiring experienced movers from NYC would be a less expensive venture. With know-how and expertise, they can lower the costs to a minimum, so you will practically save money if you hire moving help!
Now, in order to save money, you need to know what to include in your moving budget. Here are some of the most important costs to think of:
- Moving company cost – The price you’ll pay for NY moving services. This is the greatest expense you need to include in your NYC moving budget.
- Moving insurance cost – Your safety and the safety of your belongings is what you must think about in advance.
- Cleaning cost – If you want to get your deposit back, your former home needs to be properly cleaned.
- Deposit for your new home – When renting an apartment or house in New York, the deposit is what most of the landlords require.
How much do movers cost? NYC moving budget depends on this the most!
The cost you’ll pay for moving services depends on several factors:
- Moving distance
- The volume of your relocation
- What moving services you intend to use
How do movers charge you depending on the distance?
Depending on the distance, there are:
- Short distance moves
- Long distance moves
- Short distance movers, in most cases, will charge you per number of workers and number of hours they are hired. Therefore, if you intend to hire local Brooklyn movers, you’re most likely gonna be charged depending on the time they’ll spend moving your home from A to B.
On the other hand, when it comes to long-distance moves to Brooklyn, the moving companies will most likely charge you depending on the volume of your relocation.
*The relocation is considered long distance if the distance is longer than 100 miles.
If you’re crossing state or country borders your relocation can be:
- Interstate – If moving to another state within the USA.
- International – If you’re moving to NYC from another country.
It doesn’t matter if your move is local or long distance, it will cost you more if it’s interstate or international. Of course, it will be way more expensive if you’re coming from another country to New York. Hence, the size of your NYC moving budget will need to increase if your move isn’t within the state of NY. Why? Simply because you’ll need to change your ID, your driver’s license, etc.
Therefore, prepare properly for your relocation. Make a good moving plane and do a precise calculation of what expenses you might have. After that, save enough money for your move, and prepare some money for some unpredictable situations. Conducting a relocation to New
York is a dance with the wolves if your budget for NYC move isn’t big enough.
The costs of moving insurance – Make sure you include it in your NYC moving budget
Sure, the basic insurance is sometimes included in the price you’ll pay for your movers. However, that insurance is based on the weight of your items. So, if for example, your computer damages, you’ll get the compensation based on the weight of your computer. Would you be satisfied? Probably not.
This is why we suggest you discuss with your movers the insurance coverage. If the compensation is based on weight, it is recommended that you purchase a moving insurance policy guaranteeing you a proper coverage.
Cleaning cost – Don’t forget it when calculating the budget for NYC relocation
If you want your deposit back, you need to clean your home after you relocate. This means hiring professional cleaners or purchasing supplies and doing it yourself. Whatever you choose, you’ll need money for it, hence make sure you do the calculation and make a decision whether you’re doing it yourself or hiring professionals, so you could know the size of New York City moving budget you will need.
The deposit – You’ll need money for this right after you move to NY, or even before that
If you get your deposit from your previous home back, then you’ll have it covered, at least partially. However, if moving to NYC from another city or state, make sure you realize how much money you’ll need for the deposit. The rent in NYC is higher than the most of US cities, so you’ll probably need a bigger amount than the one you got back from your previous landlord.
Whatever you do, prepare some extra money. Yes, the calculation of the budget for your move to New York will help. It will give you an insight of what a New York move costs. However, there are many situations that might take place which you can’t calculate. So having extra money is essential in that case. Therefore, when asking how big your NYC moving budget should be, we say you read this article and calculate it, but make sure you add at least 10-20% more!
If you are thinking about having a pool table, then you should also start thinking how to move it to your home. How complicated it will be, will depend on many different aspects. For starters, it depends on the proximity of your home from a place where you bought it. Then, if you live in a building, it would be very helpful if there was a functioning elevator in which your pool table can fit. If not, you better be living on the first, or second floor in order to get over with transferring as soon as possible. They are not very light, you know? If you live in New York, there are hundreds of authorized pool table dealers of all leading brands. Whichever you choose, make sure to contract some of reliable NYC pool table movers. Read More
call 212-470-2729 text or email [email protected]
Moving to Manhattan is a dream come true for many
Besides business people and young professionals, more families move to this part of the NYC every year. There is a good reason for that! Manhattan is considered the art and culture heart of New York, making it perfect for families with children of all age. If you are planning to move to NYC, consider hiring the best professional moving service in New York. They will help you relocate without stress and make sure that your family’s belongings arrive just on time. Reliable residential movers in Manhattan will transport all of your things and make sure they arrive safe and sound. Make sure to keep reading and discover the best family fun in Manhattan. Read More
Moving to or within NYC with all your belongings is somewhat of a challenge for most people. Whether you are looking at a local or long-distance relocation, the priority should always be on a safe relocation. And this is something any expert NYC mover will confirm – the goal is to transport valuables from point A to point B in the minimal amount of time and without any damage. And sometimes you will need professional NYC storage services for a certain amount of time. The question that arises then is whether it pays out to go searching for public storage New York and how to decide on the right unit facility for your needs? So here is some insight that might prove useful for your consideration. Read More
Every person in the world looks to improve the quality of life to the maximum
- Sometimes it’s an easy thing to do, and sometimes not so much. Moving to New York would help a loTo achieving the level where you can say you can fully enjoy whatever you might like! It’s a city that never sleeps, a city that gathers the most diversified cultures worldwide, and the city that offers you a chance to make enough money to live every day like it’s the last day of your life!
- Before you move to New York, there are certain things you should do to properly prepare. If you don’t you might find NYC to be a very stressing and hostile environment. Hence, let’s help you with a few tips on how to prepare and why you should do certain things we suggest you should..
NYC – One of the greatest cities in the world
- I know you heard this thousands of times, but it’s really true. New York is stronger than so many countries. Not only for the economy, but also for the culture, sports, nightlife etc. Whatever hobby you might have, whatever profession you’re specialized at, whatever kind of fun you might like – NYC offers different options for you.
- It’s a megalopolis that welcomes all the people ready to work hard, but also the people willing to improve their lives quality. Yes, people will seem strange right after you move to New York. Because nobody on the street will look at your direction or ask you how you are. But this is only because there are so many people on the streets, and nobody has the time to waste.
- When you meet New Yorker’s you’ll see how warm people they are, and how welcomed you’ll feel when sitting with them relaxed. During the working hours, everybody’s in the rush. This is just the way NYC works. But once you get used to that, you will realize why we claimed New York City is the best place on Earth.
How to prepare for a move to NYC?
- Preparations for moving to New York take more time and effort than an average migration. The reason is simple – this is that big city that you must take every step carefully, or you could regret it. To help people moving to New York City from different locations, we shall talk here about:
- Local relocation to New York- This is the easiest of the three kinds of NY relocations we’re gonna discuss, but it’s certainly not an easy thing to do!
- Long distance relocation to New York- Quite a demanding thing to do, given that, besides the usual things to do, you have a long distance trip ahead!
- International relocation to New York- Moving to New York from abroad takes a serious moving plan, commitment to doing every little step right, and a lot of patience, being that this kind of relocation might take months to properly prepare.
Moving to New York locally
- Let’s first discuss what’s the difference between local, long distance and international relocation. The distance is what determines if the relocation is local or a long distance one. Every relocation over 100 miles away is considered long distance. Hence, any relocation below 100 miles is a short distance or local relocation.
- However, a domestic and international move can be both- local and long distance. What determines whether a relocation is domestic or international? The borders. If you’re crossing the borders, no matter whether you’re moving 20 or 2000 miles, it’s an international move.
Now that we learned the differences between the terms, let’s talk about the local relocation to NYC. How should you prepare for a local NYC move? Well, here are some steps you should take:
- Hiring a local moving company
- Making a moving plan
- If you’re doing the packing, get the supplies and learn how to pack all the items properly
- Start doing everything on time
Hiring movers is an essential thing to do no matter the distance of your move. Moving to New York is a difficult task in any case. Having a professional help arranged means having a lot less troubles along the way. And avoiding troubles is the first thing you must make sure of when planning a relocation to the Big Apple.
How to choose a good local NYC moving company?
Get recommendations – asking your friends or family members would help a lot with finding the best Brooklyn movers
- Check the reliability of each company (watch for red flags, such as not owning the licenses, low-ball estimates, bad reviews etc.)
- Compare the service quality, picking only those offering at least satisfying quality ofg moving services
- Pick the most affordable mover
Another recommendation is to choose the local movers specialized in relocation to the NYC borough where you intend to move. For example, if you’re moving to Brooklyn, you should hire local Brooklyn movers to conduct your relocation. They know each neighborhood and each potential trouble that might appear. Having this kind of support will make moving to New York a lot less stressful venture!
A moving plan is what makes the difference between a successful move and moving troubles
- What should a moving plan contain? Well, every relocation is different. However, there are some things every person moving somewhere must do. Such as finding a new job, new schools for the children, arranging the housing in advance, canceling the utilities, notifying everyone that you’re moving etc.
- We suggest you sit down and thoroughly think what you must do before you pack and move to New York. After this (given that you should already have arranged a moving company) consult your movers. They will add everything you might forget to put on your ‘to do’ list.
- After you complete the list, make a detailed schedule of all operations. And make sure you give yourself enough time to finish everything. Be prepared for unplanned situations. You can’t plan when and what will happen, but be sure that at least some unplanned situation will appear along the way!
Who’s doing the packing?
If you plan on hiring movers to do the packing, all you need to do is decide what you’re gonna move, and what not. The rest will be taken care of by moving professionals.
- Otherwise, if you plan on doing the packing, prepare for it. First, de-clutter your home. Your NYC home is probably gonna be smaller than your current one. The reason is simple, it’s just so much more expensive place to live in. (You should de-clutter your home in any case, even if the packing pros will help you prepare for the move).
- After that, get the packing supplies and equipment. Such as moving boxes, duct tape, scissors, bubble wrap etc. Make sure you get all of this before the packing process starts, given that it would frustrate you to prepare for the packing and then realize that you don’t have the supplies… Another thing to do before the packing starts is to learn how everything is packed.
There are certain items you need to be particularly careful with. Such as valuable or fragile items. Moving to New York and breaking something you have an emotional bond with would be a thing you’d like to avoid, right? So we suggest you consult your movers and ask them for an advice for any of your belongings you’re not sure how to safely pack, disassemble or reassemble.
When is the right time to start with preparations?
- The right moment is the moment you find out you’re relocating to the City of Gotham. If you manage to finish everything days or even weeks before the move, it’s great, you’ll have enough time to spend with the people you love before you relocate.
- On the other hand, if you are late with something important, it might cause some big troubles that might cost you lot of money, or cause the delay of your moving date. Both things are something you should look to avoid. So, when moving to New York, don’t waste any moment!
Moving to New York long distance
- The things are more or less the same for all sorts of moves, so we won’t talk again about everything you should do before moving to New York City, NY. When making a long distance move, you should do everything we mentioned for the local relocation.
- So you should hire the movers, make a moving plan, prepare for the packing and start with the preparations immediately. However, there are certain things that will be different when making a long distance move to NY.
Here’s what’s different when moving long distance compared to local move:
- It will cost you more
- You should check the movers even more thoroughly
- We’d suggest you let the movers pack at least your valuables
The costs of a long distance move
- Even the calculation of your costs differs when it comes to long-distance relocation. When moving locally, you’re charged mostly per number of hours the workers are hired for your relocation.
- On the other hand, the companies mostly charge you based on your relocation size when moving to New York long distance. Given that there are some additional costs, the cost of long distance relocation is commonly significantly higher than the local one.
Picking a long distance moving company in NY
- You should check your moving company thoroughly no matter the distance of your move. However, there are some additional things to pay attention to when moving long distance. For example, your long distance NYC mover should have an appropriate license to do the long distance move.
- Besides this, an experience is quite an important factor, given that the distance is bigger and there are higher chances that a moving trouble appears. The experienced movers will solve the troubles easily. Or, even better, they’ll have a better know-how and prevent the troubles from taking place.
Packing for a long distance move- let the movers handle it
- Simply, the trip you must take is significantly longer, and there are much greater chances that some of your items will damage along the way. If you want everything to be transported safely, and without breaking or damaging, hire the NYC movers and packers to safely pack your items.
- If you still want to save some money, then pack the most of your belongings yourself, consulting the movers before that. But hire the movers partially, to pack the fragile items and the items of a greater value.
International move to NY
Moving to NY from abroad is surely the most difficult task. Aside from doing everything we mentioned for a local and long distance move, there are even more things to do when coming to NYC as an expat. So, picking the international mover, making a moving plan, learning how to pack, and starting the moment you find out that you’re moving are the things you must do. However, you should also:
- Learn how to get a work permit
- How can you become a permanent citizen of the USA
- Will there be some difficulties for your children when it comes to their education
- Are you allowed to purchase a real estate in the States