With winter nearly over, blooming flowers, and much more appealing, warmer temperatures of spring are right around the corner. Springtime prompts us to certain rituals like spring-cleaning, and spring break vacations. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that springtime is also an ideal time to move home. The weather is not as harsh, and it’s still a few months before the busiest season of the year for the moving industry, allowing you to still enjoy increased savings on moving expenses. There are many benefits of moving during spring, below are our top picks!
- Weather – One of the top benefits of moving during spring is the weather! Sure, we tend to get a lot of rain during springtime, but for the most part, we get to enjoy comfortable weather that won’t have you freezing or sweating. Although it may not seem like a big deal now, you will quickly learn what a true blessing it is. Moving entails physical work, and comfortable weather conditions creates a comfortable working environment. You will be grateful that you are not drenched in sweat, or freezing your fingers off. In the event that your move is affected by bad weather.
Pro Tip â‡’â‡’â‡’ Springtime is notorious for the constant change in weather. Keep an eye on the weather forecast one week leading up to the move day, and prepare accordingly.
- Lower moving costs/Greater flexibility – Winter months offer some of the lowest prices of the year for moving services. This is largely due to the fact that people tend to move more during the warmer months. As a result, moving companies offer greater deals on moving costs to attract more customers, and secure more jobs. You can expect to enjoy greater booking flexibility during this time as well. On the other hand, summer months are the busiest months of the year, when the demand for moving services is at its highest. This results in high moving costs, and less room for flexibility. If you are moving during the summer months, it’s advised to book at least a month in advance to reserve your desired slot. That is why you will find that moving during the spring offers a great medium in terms of cost, and availability. Moving companies tend to get busier now but will still honor lower rates to compensate for downtime experienced during winter. You may not find the same bargain like you would if you were moving in the middle of winter, but you are still guaranteed a good deal compared to a summer move. In a nutshell, when moving during spring, you can expect to save money, and get the moving date you desire.
- Spring Cleaning – As mentioned earlier, spring is most commonly a time a lot of us choose to freshen up our appearance and our environment. A typical time of the year for re-organizing and re-decorating our home. Spring-cleaning gives us a chance to re-evaluate what we enjoy about our home and what no longer excites us. Moving home is the perfect time to spring clean, and get rid of things hat no longer serve you. You will have to sort and purge your home either way, why not take care of spring-cleaning while preparing for your move. Like most people, you probably hoarded some items you haven’t used in years. You can finally get rid of these items, and as a result, have less to pack.
- Great time to sell property – Spring is the most popular season to sell home. Which is why it is a great time to move as well, as you won’t have any trouble selling your existing property. A lot of people choose to sell their home during spring to prepare for a summer move. Putting your home on the market in spring yields good perspective buyers and a quick sale. More people tend to be in the market for a new home during this time, which means you can be pickier with who you sell your home to, and won’t have to settle for a lower price.
Pro Tip â‡’â‡’â‡’ Not sure whether to hire a realtor to help you sell your home? Here are some of the Pros and cons of hiring a realtor to help you sell your home.
- Spring Break – If you have children that are in school, then spring can be a good time to move, if you can schedule your move during the spring break. Moving during spring break will allow for an easier transition into the new school, and won’t disrupt their routine.
Pro Tip â‡’â‡’â‡’ For more tips on moving home with children!