New York is among the favorite destinations for numerous expats!
- And, for good reason! It is a giant metropolis where everything is at your feet. College, job opportunities, fun and the perfect melting pot of various cultures. In the city, however, there are areas which are simply more popular due to affordability and their tight community.
- Brooklyn is one of such neighborhoods. This is why we want to introduce our moving services Brooklyn to you as the most reliable and affordable for your relocation. Here are some of the things we offer and why Green City Movers are the best choice when relocating to Brooklyn.
What do we offer under the moving services Brooklyn?
- Booking a move in Brooklyn is a bit different than simply looking up moving companies in NYC. You will need movers who specialize for the area and know the ins and outs of the neighborhood. Luckily, Green City Movers are specialized in moving services in Brooklyn. Here is what we offer as one of the top movers in Brooklyn for our customers.
First and foremost, we are proud to be one of the best local movers in Brooklyn
- What does it mean to move locally? Well, it’s a relocation within 60 miles of your current location. As one of the best local movers in Brooklyn, we offer you a quality service with an affordable moving quote. We’ve had years of experience in the area and are familiar with common moving mistakes.
- As always, we advise that you read more on our blog before starting your relocation preparation. This way, you will be informed about the necessary preparation which can make your move a smooth ride. However, local moving services aren’t the only thing we have to offer…
In case you’re leaving Brooklyn for another state, Green City Movers are the long-distance professionals for the job
- While New York may be a popular destination for expats, there are also a number of people leaving. Why? Simply, the costs of being in the city are sometimes too high. And, after a long time in Brooklyn, plenty of homeowners looking for a quieter neighborhood outside of the city limits. However, local movers are quote different from interstate relocations.
- You will definitely need good and reliable long-distance movers Brooklyn to help you with this. And, we’ve had plenty of experience with these, as well. From information about the pros and cons of leaving Brooklyn for the suburbs to a guide to long-distance relocation, we have it all. And, our representatives are always available at the office for any additional inquiries you may have.
Office moving is another one of the Brooklyn moving services we have available
- Moving a house is a taxing job. But, moving a business is can be a real headache. It isn’t only about getting a good quote and then relocating to the new offices. It’s about having experienced professionals offering reliable moving services in Brooklyn. It’s essential that the movers will execute the relocation with minimal issues and utmost professionalism.
- This is another moving service in the Brooklyn area which Green City Movers offer. As a company with over fifteen years of relocation experience, we’ve moved a number of businesses. Aside from the relocation itself, we also offer tips and hacks to help you with this task. And, in case this is your first move, we’re available as an independent consultant service, too. We will tell you how and why something should be done with complete transparency. With our advice, moving an office to Brooklyn is an easy job.
Among Brooklyn relocation services, we also offer packing as an option
- DIY packing can be a hassle. And, more than often, homeowners have trouble keeping their belongings safe during the relocation with a DIY job. This is why we offer a packing and unpacking service in Brooklyn for an affordable price. We have all the equipment needed, of course. Our moving boxes are of the highest quality. In case you have any fragile or valuable items they will keep them safe.
- And, our workers are efficient and quick with their work, of course. They will pack your belongings without a hassle and with professionalism. If you have any special requirements for your antiques or valuables, let our workers know in advance. Then, they will be able to prepare accordingly.
And if you’ve got fine art, moving services Brooklyn which we offer will transport them, too.
- Most homeowners have trouble with knowing if their belongings are fine arts or not. So, here’s a bit of information first and foremost.
These are the items considered fine arts by our moving services Brooklyn:
- We consider paintings as fine arts
- Sculptures or statues which are both delicate and fragile fall into this category
- Any antiques or valuable, yet breakable, items which you own we will transport by fine arts moving services Brooklyn
- If you’ve nodded your head to any of these things, you’re in luck. Our fine art moving services in Brooklyn will transport them without any hassle. Our workers are experienced in packing and unpacking these items. They know exactly how to protect each of your valuables to lessen the chance of damage. So, when having an in-house estimate with our representative, remember to show them the fine arts which you own.
When you know about the services, how do you judge if they’re too expensive?
- If you’ve been to New York, you’re aware of the outrageous costs of the city. But, Green City Movers Brooklyn proud themselves in being one of the most professional and cost-efficient companies in the area. So, we wanted to give you a lay of the land, if you will, and tell you the average costs of different moves in Brooklyn. Keep in mind, however, that each moving company uses a specific system to calculate their Brooklyn moving quotes. Here’s how the price of a move is usually calculated.
Your movers will calculate the distance they need to cover into your relocation quote
- The prices will differ if you’re moving locally or long-distance. Most moving companies in Brooklyn will have to calculate the costs of fuel, mileage and various other parameters when moving you. Hence, expect the costs of a local move to be quite lower than those of a long-distance one.
One of the most important parameters will be the belongings you’re moving to Brooklyn
- In most cases, your movers will calculate the weight which they need to transport. So, this is why we always suggest decluttering before relocation. It will help you isolate the things you will need to move and those you can donate. Also, a purge before a relocation is the perfect opportunity to cut the costs of your relocation.
- How? Well, we would suggest either holding a garage sale or selling some of the items online. The things you don’t need, which are in good condition, can help you earn some money for your relocation. And, in case you’re moving long-distance, there is a chance to claim a tax deduction when donating. So, consider your options and then ask for an in-house quote from your movers.
Further, movers will include ease of access in their movers quote in Brooklyn
- If you’ve lived in a building before, you know how it is. The elevator can have an off day and you need to walk your way up the stairs a few times a day. Or, there is no room in front to park your car and you end up circling the block for a while.
- For movers, aside from weight, time is money, too. So, if they don’t have good access to our current and new home, they will add it to the bill. Here’s a way to solve this. Make sure that the moving van will have a spot in front of your home on the moving day.
- Then, show the representative the elevator, stairs and any narrow passages or small doors during the in-house estimate. Then, they will be able to give you a realistic and affordable quote. If you live in a house with two floors, the stairs will usually be included in the estimate, as well. After all, your belongings will need to be carried down them in order to load the moving van.
The cost of moving services Brooklyn is also influenced by your furniture
- Furniture is usually dis-assembled during a relocation. Then, after transporting it, your movers will reassemble it once more. And, if you’ve ever shopped in IKEA, you know that this is no easy task. In case you’ve booked this service for your bulky or large furniture, expect them to be included in the moving quote.
- If you’re looking to save money on this service, it’s time to look up a few tutorials online.
If you’re booking packing and unpacking services with your movers, they will be included in the quote
- Some movers automatically assume that you will have them pack and unpack your belongings. We always advise this option with our moving services Brooklyn. Our team of workers specialize in this work, after all. They have the necessary, high-quality supplies to pack your belongings safely.
- Also, they have everything needed to load the boxes into their moving van. If you’ve got anything which is odd in size, they will be able to pack it and load it accordingly. However, in case you’re looking to save money, packing DIY is also an option you should consider. Be careful when purchasing the supplies, however. It’s essential to the safety of your belongings that they’re of high quality.
Any items which are considered as heavy loads or special will raise the cost of Brooklyn moving services
- Do you have a piano? Or, perhaps a pool table? Either of these falls under the category of special moving services Brooklyn. They require extra, specialized knowledge and equipment to relocate. Naturally, this will raise the moving costs. For pool tables, we always advise hiring professionals to relocate them. With the size, weight and fragile nature of reassembly, there are too many opportunities for mistakes.
- So, if you’re looking forward to playing pool on a properly leveled table, hire a good relocation company to disassemble, transport and reassemble it. Pianos, on the other hand, usually don’t need to be disassembled. However, they are a heavy, fragile and odd-sized item. With a single mistake, they can be damaged.
- If you’re hiring experienced movers for your relocation, like our company, the costs of piano relocation can be included in the move. And, you won’t have to worry about the instrument being damaged. And when you have everything calculated, you tell us if your moving costs NYC are too expensive or not?
Is there anything else you should know before booking our moving services Brooklyn?
- If you’ve spent some time browsing our blog section, you already have more than enough information to prepare for your move. However, if you haven’t, here’s a quick crash course. We advise that you first purge your belongings and then call for an in-house estimate.
- This way, the representative will have a clear picture of what they are moving. Also, make sure that you show everything you want to relocate to your new home. The representative will likely ask you more than a few questions about your move. Answer them honestly in order to get an accurate quote for your relocation.
- In case you’re not using our packing and unpacking services, make sure to have everything packed on moving day. If the movers arrive and you still need to pack something, you will be delaying their schedule. Also, don’t disappear on your movers. Free up your schedule for the moving day.
- Then, you will be able to help in a case of an emergency. Finally, having some snacks and drinks ready for the workers is always a good idea. Remember that they work long hours moving heavy boxes. And, as the last piece of advice, calculate the tip for the workers and have it ready in cash on moving day. It’s best to give it to each worker individually after they’ve completed the relocation job